Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's been far too long! Ok, so it's only been a week or so...still seems like forevah.

Anyway, I doubt I'll have an update this week. Calm down. It isn't the end of the world, darling. Mama will be back soon with some awesome "One Evil Summer" action to whet your appetite. And when I say 'awesome', I DO MEAN AWESOME. Seriously. This is one of the better Fear Street novels if you ask me.

For my U.S. readers, how was your 4th? Mine was uneventful--I watched Mean Girls, geeked out on the Internet, and listened to the Mexicans next door shoot off fireworks. The real celebration, though, came today when I nearly nerded myself to death at the library. Good times.

And now I leave you with the obligatory Stine pic:


8 comments:

  1. Your 4th sounds like mine except that I watched How I Met Your Mother, played world of warcraft, and listen to my redneck neightbors shoot fireworks. Today I just worked at the library, couldn't really bring myself to be too inspired when I was hella jeaoulous that my husband is in the middle of a three day weekend.

    Where do you find those Stein pics? He is kinda creepy.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOMG. *goes blind from the picture*

    Anyway, I don't live in the good old US of A, but I spent my Fourth of July reading a Fear Street book- "The Stepbrother." Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read, and that's saying a lot since I've read many Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley books (and Fear Street, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I just Google his name and then I find a junky pic of his and "doctor" it in MS Paint. His creepiness factor far surpasses that of his books.

    Anon, you are hardcore. I don't think I have the stomach to read "The Stepbrother". I apologize for contributing to your sudden blindness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hsve The Stepbrother requested at my library. I also have several Fear Street books requested at Paperback Swap and Paperspine. I've been reading the Sleepwalker lately. I think next I'll reread the Sagas and Seniors. Seniors rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if his dermatologist has recommended he remove that growth, um, I mean mole removed from his forehead. It looks cancerous.

    Does he ever make any other faces?

    ReplyDelete
  6. BadKat, he can't make other faces, no. I attribute this to the fact that years of mediocre novels have turned him into a brain dead meat puppet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at the library this weekend and there was a little girl checking out "Wrong Number". Wow- who knew kids still read this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crap, I might blame it on Botox if he obviously did not swear off Dermatology in 1989

    ReplyDelete