Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fear Street Slump

I haven't been too motivated to read any Fear Street lately. I think it's because my collection is small and I'm more excited about the books I have coming in the mail. So here's a peek at what's forthcoming:

--> Best Friend 2

I can't wait to read this thing. I know it's probably gonna be absolutely horrible, but I have to know what happened to Honey! Look at her on the cover...that is such a psycho grin. Plus, Stine didn't write it. Enough said.

--> Fear Street Seniors


I've been looking forward to these for a while and I've finally gotten my hands on most of them. Everyone loves homicidal high schoolers!

--> Cheerleaders!


Dear God, that cover is hysterical! The tagline says "Season's greetings...the evil is back!" And apparently it's back in the form of an ax-wielding Santa Claus. Sweet. I'll do the Second Evil and Third Evil first, but then it's on to this gem.

--> Cat

No image for this one. Mentionable only because the main character is actually a guy for once. A guy who is haunted by the cat he killed on his way to basketball practice. Bastard!

So yeah, just a taste of the Fear-y goodness to come...

8 comments:

  1. You're right. These upcoming ones do sound utterly amazing. Especially Best Friend 2, with the plot apparently based on a competition entry of some kind. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Best Friend 2!! The new Cheerleaders one sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am equally excited about Best Friend 2!! My fragile sanity will finally be destroyed, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover to Best Friend 2. The chick on the right looks like she would rather be best friends with the floor.

    Cats really do hold a grudge, for much less than killing them! My cat throws a fit if I do not buy the right litter. Talk about a haunting…

    Your poll does not have the option of “A Shining, Mole-Dotted Face”.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that really R.L. Stine? That picture is creeping me out.

    I just found a box of almost 30 Fear Streets/R.L. Stines in my basement. They're leftover from the teen years and I thought I got rid of them. Seriously, you should email me a list of what you don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BadKat, you're freaking hilarious. Seriously.

    BananaBomb, that is indeed Stine. And I will definitely be in touch about the books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover with axe wielding Santa is funny. I discovered him when I was in a class where part of it involved working in a bookstore. I think I might see if the library has any of these because they always amused me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that cat one sounds like a real gem especially if it's a zombie cat. Actually even a ghost cat is just fine with me.

    ReplyDelete