Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Richard Dawson & Zombie Chickens

A while back, I was "tagged" by some broad (who I know well so she won't mind me calling her 'some broad') with this horror movie survey. *sigh* I don't wanna tag specific people...anyone who wants this thing, take it! I'd be interested in reading your answers.

"Survey SAYS!"

1.) Favorite Black & White Horror Movie Character? - Bela Lugosi's Dracula. "I do not drink...wine." LOVE.

2.) Favorite Horror Author? - I, like Rich of The Stepsister & The Stepsister 2 fame, am a total Stephen King fan-slut.

3.) Freddy or Jason? - I would have to go with Jason on this one. At least he doesn't speak. Freddy would do well to shut his freaking trap every now and then.

4.) If you had to pick one which would it be?

A) Stay in a haunted house alone overnight.
B) Camping at Camp Crystal Lake
C) Swimming in the waters on Amity

Camping, definitely. What's that you say? A crazed machete-wielding psychopath is roaming these here woods? Well, I've always been a fast runner...

5.) Favorite Cheesy Horror Movie? - Scream 3, Freddy vs. Jason, Attack of the Giant Leeches. Particularly the last one. So. Cheesy. It. Hurts. It was made in the 50s with a painfully low budget--the "giant leeches" are people in leech suits which isn't obvious at all. And by "isn't obvious at all" I mean "you can totally tell they're people and not slimy mutants".

6.) RingU or The Ring? - I've never seen RingU and I absolutely loathe The Ring.

7.) Alien or Predator? - Since I was born on the mothership, it's only natural that I choose Alien.

8.) The more gore the better or a great storyline? - I NEED a good storyline! I hate movies that layer on the blood and guts in an effort to make up for the sad lack of a plot.

9.) New horror, old horror, or classic horror? - What's the difference between 'old' and 'classic'? In any case, they all have their merits.

10.) Sequels or Remakes? - Let's face it--sequels usually suck ass. I'd rather watch a remake.

11.) Zombies or Creatures? - R.L. Stine.


12.) Best way to watch a horror movie? - In the dark while wearing your bloody apron, hockey mask, and razor glove.

13.) Favorite Horror Icon? - Leatherface.

14.) Favorite remakes or sequels? - I'm completely coming up short here...*braindead*

15.) Movie that gave you chills or scared you? - The Descent makes me jump everytime I watch it. I've seen it approximately 56489 times, but those damned cave dwellers (Crawlers?) give me chills, man. When I was but a wee lass, The Ghost in the Darkness (not actually about a ghost but maneating lions) scared the living hell out of me. I was convinced that I would wake up one night with a giant lion prowling about my room, waiting to feast on my body like it was an all-you-can-eat buffet. Good times.

Also: the Zombie Chicken Award has hit Fear Street courtesy of Sadako!!!


The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...

Thus in the name of Stine, I award the following bloggers:

1. LongWinter @ Like Pike

2. Sadako @ Dibbly Fresh


4. The girls at Fitzie's Soda Shoppe

5. Deathycat @ Cradle to Coffin

Phew. That pained my brain to choose only five...at the risk of sounding like a major ass kisser, you're all pretty awesome. Yes, DROWN in the sap!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award! *bounces from giddiness*

    And love the Stine pic. ^_- I'll be seeing it in my nightmares tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserved it!

    P.S. I see it in my nightmares EVERY night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for re-nomming me. I love your blog so much. And I agree--I think that the new Stine pic is the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, I love The Descent. I love how the characters' devolution into beings more animal than human parallels their literal descent into the earth. And I love the original ending (not the one shown in US theatres), because it's so creepy and dark.

    Also, Juno is such a hardcore badass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leatherface! Yesss... although that RL Stine picture you have could easily turn into my next favorite horror icon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm just gonna permenantly place this pic of Stine in the sidebar...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just admit it, guys, you all secretly think Stine is the sexiest thing alive. Those aren't just glasses he's wearing - they're glasses of lust Reowr.

    I can't believe you prefer Jason to Freddy. Freddy kills people in their dreams. In fact, I actually did dream about him after watching Freddy vs Jason and refused to go to sleep again for about a week afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, my first ever award. Thankyou very much! I too would face a pack of zombie chickens to reach your blog.

    ReplyDelete