Friday, January 14, 2011

Ghosts of Fear Street

Since I am a lazy glob of laziness, I haven't found it in me to read any Fear Street books lately (lounging in front of the TV in my smelly old robe and destroying my bladder with copious amounts of coffee if more important, no?). Or maybe it isn't laziness...maybe I'm just sick of dry crusty lips, homicidal teenagers, and enough pizza and Coke to kill a thousand horses. Wait. What the hell am I saying?!?

Anyway, the point I am slowly trying to make is that I think I will introduce the Ghosts of Fear Street to this here blog. The Ghosts of Fear Street series, for those who are in the dark (how I envy you), are quite like Goosebumps except a) they all take place in Shadyside and b) the ghostwriters are actually given credit...even though R.L. Stine's name is splashed across the front. These are short and they're fun and they're entertaining and they will provide more mindless material for this often neglected blog. Oh yeah--AND they take place on Fear Street (kind of obvious). God forbid we stray too far from THAT slice of paradise. *sarcasm* Of course I won't be abandoning the regular Fear Street books. In fact, "99 Fear Street: The Second Horror" is right around the corner. Probably. I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

I hope this new addition pleases you. If not, go jump in Fear Lake.

I love you.

6 comments:

  1. Huzzah! I'm happy we're not actually leaving Shadyside. I mean, who would WANT to anyway? You can't beat a town that has Pete's Pizza and Gary Brandt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to do one Ghosts Of Fear Street and then regret it. No but seriously I hope they're enjoyable! I've never seen any recaps of them, so it'll be a pretty fresh experience.

    What exactly do you do in life, anyway? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Ghost of fear street books, so I can't wait.

    Unfortunately, the first one (Hide and Shriek) sucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess there's only so many "sickening" cracks, girl-on-girl wrestling matches, sticky blood, mousey friends, and short. repetetive. sentences. that one can take. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking forward to the ghosts of fear street books too.

    I thought i was the only one who caught the lazy bug too (as i haven't been blogging lately.)

    Glad to see your still around though. Looking forward to more blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed "Who's been sleeping in my grave", I hope I can read your review on it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete