Monday, June 9, 2014

You Will Want To Make Love To This Post

I know you guys OBVIOUSLY only read Fear Street novels with the occasional dash of Goosebumps and Point Horror (let me believe this, okay?), but this new thriller anthology looks pretty interesting.


This volume consists of stories that bring together characters from popular authors' books. As you can see, Stine contributed to this one which is the only reason I'm mentioning this here. So which character of his is used?


Slappy, the world's most terrifyingly deranged dummy!!! Slappy is paired up with Aloysius Pendergast from the Preston/Child Pendergast series. Let's all take a moment to absorb how very awesome this is. Truly. I can't even begin to imagine what this particular story (titled "Gaslighted") could possibly entail. The possibilities are MIND BLOWING, my friends. I feel like a chunky child in a candy shop! 

I'm just really into the idea of a character in a Goosebumps books making a leap into ADULT fiction. Especially Slappy who is such a (wooden) bastard! You know he's going to be such a smart ass throughout the entire story (at least I PRAY he is). *sigh* Mi amor.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my god. I saw on the Preston/Child mailing list that this was coming, but I still can't imagine it!

    (Also, since I think this is my first comment here, wanted to say I love the site and have discovered so very many awesome things through your Blog List, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you like... start posting reviews again? My eyes will thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fascinating. Any chance of you reviewing it?

    Gotta admit, I'd really like a teen version of Goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anybody wondering, I bought the book and there doesn't seem to be a lot of Slappy in that story. I'd pay money to read a book about Pendergast painting his garage, so it didn't bother me, but it might bug some of the blog readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that that's a let-down, but 90% of most Slappy stories is just some kid causing a lot of mess as part of an elaborate hoax and Slappy isn't awakened until after that.

    ReplyDelete