Wednesday, October 1, 2014

So Shiny & New!


Her friends warn her not to go to Brendan Fear's birthday party at his family's estate on mysterious Fear Island. But Rachel Martin has a crush on Brendan and is excited to be invited. Brendan has a lot of party games planned. But one game no one planned intrudes on his party—the game of murder. As the guests start dying one by one, Rachel realizes to her horror that she and the other teenagers are trapped on the tiny island with someone who may want to kill them all. How to escape this deadly game? Rachel doesn't know whom she can trust. She should have realized that nothing is as it seems… on Fear Island.

Well, pumpkins, it's officially here. And it looks like Fear Street has not changed one damn bit. Seriously, I think I've read about 10 incarnations of this same book. But I don't care. The fact that there is a new Fear Street book is giving me warm tingles in the cold chunk of flesh meat I call "my heart".

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully after this book, godawful fear street would finally be put to rest. The people who like them are autistic nostalgia warped ADHD kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one nostalgia warped ADHD kid who is seriously considering whether or not I want to look ridiculous by checking this out at the library (if they ever get a copy). Seriously, I'm wondering if it's any good. If you ever read it, I hope you do a review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little worried when I found out Fear Street was being brought back to life because after reading A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SCREAM I wasn't hopeful. That book didn't live up to the current market requirements for YA writing and it was very reminiscent of old school YA and I was just plain scared. I was afraid it's going to fall flat on its face.

    But after reading PARTY GAMES I think the resurgence will do just fine and will introduce a whole new generation of readers to RL Stine. It's everything Fear Street should be, in all it's cheesy glory, just updated with cell phones. That's kind of weird but everything else fits. It doesn't have to be on par with today's YA horror because then it wouldn't be Fear Street. I wouldn't want it all updated and deep and something it's not. Old school. Fear Street was perfect and its rebirth will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this new book is reminding me of just what it was about the old books that drew me to them -- the cover art.

    Some corny elements aside, the cover art of the old books was very eye-catching; like horror movie poster art from the '70s-'80s, the covers pulled a person in, making him/her interested in reading the story behind the image presented.

    This photoshopped cover, though? It's boring, bland, unengaging, uninspiring, etc, etc, etc. A cover like this would never have drawn my interest as a kid.

    Once again, I feel sorry for the kids of this lame generation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover could do with being a bit more lurid. Instead of (or in addition to) the silhouette at the top of the stairs, there should've been a corpse lying on the stairs, too. Wearing a party hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This autistic nostalgia warped ADHD kid doesn't care about how she looks....at 32 years old, she's considering buying the cover. I'm well overdue for some hot, dry-lipped kissing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, kids. I have written a large fan mail to Stine-Stine. Since THAT he produced Red Rain and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww. I'm glad this blog is still up. Your recaps got be through some very long and boring work shifts. I'll have to read these over while I'm on my new commute (like the winner! Rock!) Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can anyone pls say me hw to read this ??

      Delete